Thursday, April 23, 2009

Claire turns FIVE

Claire's birthday was on Saturday. Shortly after she turned four, she informed me that she wanted to have a swim party for her next birthday (imagine that). I let her decide between a party with her friends or a party with her cousins (I'm not ready to let her have both), she decided to do a cousin/family party. Phew! I don't know how I would have kept track of a bunch of kids in a swimming pool. We went to Lava, Idaho for the party. First, we met at the Royal for pizza and cake, then went swimming at the indoor pool. The pool was a ton of fun. They have a climbing wall that ascends from the pool, and two diving boards. We swam for almost four hours! We also celebrated my niece, Riley's birthday and my Dad's since their birthdays are also in the month of April.

The hat came from preschool. Claire wore it non-stop for almost two days straight. Everywhere we went, people were wishing her a happy birthday, she loved it.



The cake.

Food at the Royal.
Claire suggested that everyone dress up in costume for the party, so all the girls wore dresses/skirts over their swimsuits.

singing to Claire

singing to Riley

Grandpa.
I bet you've never seen a grown man blow out a candle on a ballerina cake. :)

Cousins. Claire, Rhet & Keeler.

Grandma & Grandpa Perkins

14 comments:

Tori said...

I can't believe Claire is FIVE...she is such a cute grown up girl!

Mortons Love said...

Happy birthday, Claire! I was excited to see you at Hillcrest the other day. I hope the girls are in the same class!

Ryan & Keri said...

Happy birthday, Claire! It's amazing how big your girls are getting! And I love her cake. It sounds like it was a great Easter too. Glad to hear things are going so well for you.

Danielle said...

Wow time sure flies. I remember holding her when she was really tiny.

Heather said...

Looks like Claire had a fabulous birthday. Thanks for joining us at the park on Tuesday. We loved seeing you.

Angie said...

She is so cute. Looks like a super fun BDay party!!! And that was a cute cake.

Jody said...

Amy! So good to catch up with you. Your girls are adorable - we need to think about hooking them up with a couple of my boys! I'm excited that you have a blog so we can keep in touch.

Daren, Allie and Girls said...

Can you believe you have a five year old, its crazy. I love Claire's cake its the coolest thing I have ever seen. Happy Birthday

Kassey said...

Love the cake, so cute!!!

Lindsey said...

Love, love the cake! Great job.
Happy Birthday Claire!

The Karrens said...

I didn't realize her birthday was so close to Emmy's! She is so cute and isn't this such a fun age? We are gonna have to try that pool in Lava, someone else was telling us about it and it sounds awesome!

Ryan & Keri said...

Amy, I'm so lame. I missed your birthday--it was last week, right? I'm sorry. I hope you had a special day! I was thinking of you.

Keeping up with the Joneses said...

AMY!!! I'm soooo happy you found me!! I was just thinking that I was so sad I lost contact with you. Yay! we can keep in touch now. Your girls are gorgeous! I can't belive you have a 5 year old! I need to get cracking and catch up in the kid department. You are such a hotty momma! Looks how skinny mini you are after two kiddo's. When I grow up I wanna be just like Amy.:) Are you guys still living in Logan?? I miss my Amy. So glad we found each other. I'm going to peek in on you from time to time. Hugs n' luvs.

Talana said...

That is the cutest cake I have ever seen! Love seeing pictures of your darling family on here. Can't believe how old Clair looks! Where does the time go????