Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Harper's first day home

We brought Harper home on the 19th of February. She weighed in at only 6 lbs. 2 oz. when she was released from the hospital.

The car seat looks massive when you put the tiny little babe inside.
I know this won't last long, pretty soon her head will be reaching the top and her little legs will dangle over the end. Sniff.

Harper had a little bit of jaundice when she came home (you can tell by the yellow in her skin). We had to take her back to the hospital twice & have her blood tested to make sure her bilirubin levels remained under control.
We lucked out! She never had to go under the lights. Yay!!

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh she is beautiful! Congratulations! Not fair how great you look 9 months pregnant! I'm only three and I think I'm bigger than you!

You guys have the sweetest girls! I'm so happy for you. Glad everything went well! Love the name!

Mortons Love said...

She is beautiful... Yay for no lights!

Danielle said...

Love how serious Claire looks holding her. And glad the jaundice wasn't too serious.
...in answer to your Wendy's happy meal toy: that would mean we would have to admit we feed our child fast food. ;)

Daren, Allie and Girls said...

Amy she is so beautiful. Congrats. I can't believe how tiny you were pregnant. Congrats and good luck. You have the most unique names, I love it.

Shena said...

Amy... you just have some pretty darn cute girls! Congratulations! I totally get the little babe in the HUGE carseat. Addelyn came home at 5lbs. 4 oz. I didn't know how to handle such a tiny little thing! I was grateful then that babies do grow fast. I was so nervous that one of her "loving" siblings would literally break something. :) If you ever need a place to visit... NC is awesome! :) LOL! Hope Harper is a good lil' sleeper and your keeping your sanity! Keep posting Girl!