Monday, March 1, 2010

Resolutions

Whew! So, one of my New Year's resolutions was to get caught up on this little bloggy blog of mine, and I'm oh so close. I will kick myself if I ever let myself get that far behind again!
Thanks for being patient. I had to get that done, more so, for myself. I really don't like to post events out of order.
One event that took place the beginning of the new year was..... Stella was weaned from the binky! (Thanks to Adam.) We didn't take any pictures to document this, darn it.
First, Adam decided to tie her binky to the side of her bed so she could only partake of it there.
(don't worry, the string was not long enough to pose any hazard.)
After about 3 weeks, the binky fairy came, took the pacifier away and left Stella some cash to buy herself something special. She chose a mermaid with a seahorse to play with in the bathtub.
I have to say, I always let myself get so worried before changes like these, and they always end up being way easier than anticipated. Stella was really sad for only about a day and a half.
Anyway, stay tuned. I only have a few more posts before I am all caught up, yay!


2 comments:

Julie and Nate said...

I really hope one of those posts has to do with a baby?? How are you doing? It's been so long since I talked to you and I still owe you some bows! Call me if you still want them. :)

Jamie said...

I love having girls because I can always count on some kind of fairy. We used the bedtime fairy a few weeks ago to get Maggie to sleep in her own room. It worked like a charm. She left her a prize under her pillow every time she slept in her own room all night. After a couple of days she didn't think twice about it.
Emy on the other hand doesn't care yet. :(
Yea for Stella!!!