Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Happy haunting!

I know that I am always a little behind on my posts, but at least I've been getting them posted, right? Yes. So our Halloween was a ton of fun, and the weather could not have been better. The girls didn't have to wear anything more than what you see in these pics, which is very rare for a Utah Halloween. Claire was a purple fairy, and Stella was a fairy princess. For Stella we have been dressing her up in Claire's old costumes from when Claire was little, it saves time and moola. But I will make a recommendation for all those mom's with little girls: do not dress them up in fairy or princess costumes when they are too young to understand or care. When they get older, you'll experience PLENTY of princesses and fairies, especially if you have a real girlie girl like my sweet Claire.
So, Claire had a Halloween party at preschool. Next, we trick-or-treated downtown on main street. Then later in the evening we let the girls trick-or-treat our neighborhood. Lastly, we went to the Aggie game with some friends. Since we didn't get a chance to see Adam's family on Halloween, we decided to extend our holiday through Saturday and let the girls dress up again. We took the girls trick-or-treating to Adam's Grandma Lula's house, then to Adam's Dad and Kathy's house in Hyde Park. On the way home we hit one of Adam's clients home. The girls got way too much candy, (of course) but it was fun to drag out the festivities a little longer.

Wings


Claire's design for Stella's pumpkin. (To the right of Claire.) For some reason her drawing just makes me giggle, I love seeing kids creativity in action.



When Claire wore this costume, she hated the wings and crown and refused to wear them. Stella actually didn't mind them one bit, and actually cried when we removed the wings to strap her in her car seat. They really do come with their own personalities, that's for sure.

A sweet moment with Dada.

Claire in action.

Adam and I dressed up as Goth's for our trunk-or treat activity at the church. I didn't take any pictures there. (It bugs me when I leave my camera home.) A girl at the activity took our picture, so I will see if I can get a copy to post.

9 comments:

Danielle said...

Love your advice about having girls with frilly costumes. :) This is so not my world at the moment. It's amazing how he becomes more boyish with each passing day. I am curiuos to see what Nathan will choose to be when he actually cares.
Your little fairies looked very cute though - love the wings.

Beth and Mark said...

They are so cute I bet in the teen years I'll have some frilly costumes too. Please call us when you come by for thanksgiving. my cell is 435-668-6662. We will be here hanging out in the warmth. Please stop by.

Lindsey said...

Your fairies are so cute! I second your advice for little girls, because when it does hit it is non stop!! Everyday Jenna will change out of her clothes and into some princess outfit! I have to negotiate with her not to wear her Belle dress everyday :)
BTW I love Claire's fingernails, I wish Jenna would let me paint hers!

jordan said...

the most beautiful fairy princesses EVER! I do remember Claire wouldn't leave that crown on for a second. Way to go Stella! Looks like a good time. It's always nice to extend holidays. I'm all about that.

Ryan & Keri said...

I miss you, Amy. Each time I read your posts, I remember how calm and sweet you are. You always have it together! And as always again, your girls are so beautiful! I love their girly costumes--I'm jealous of all of the princess stuff. And it looks like the pumpkin carving was most successful!! Holidays are just way more fun with children--I love it!!!

Heather said...

I have to agree with the last post about how calm and sweet you are. That is one thing I adore about you. It helps keep me balanced. Also thanks for the fun on halloween and the Rotary Dinner. You guys made it fun for me. Thanks again.

The Karrens said...

Very, very cute little girls you have there. And we know all too well about the girlie girls!

Jamie said...

I hope I get a girl someday so she can be girly and frilly. I love my boys though. Its all cars, trucks, and dirty dirty dirty! Yor're girls look beautiful. I can't believe how big they are. DOn't you wish you could flip a switch so they could stay small a little bit longer!

Angie said...

Hi Amy
I just got Ted and Robins blog info and she told me that you had a blog. I just started blogging and I love it!!! :)
You have very cute girls.
My blog is private, so if you want an invite let me know, just email me:)
angarnell@hotmail.com
Angie Arnell