Monday, March 2, 2009

Fun in the sun....... and snow

We celebrated Martin Luther King Jr. day on a sledding hill near my old stomping grounds. We had an absolute blast and I really wish I would have taken more pictures, particularly some actual action shots. My sister, Kristin's friend, Mignon let us use her family's sledding hill in Grace, Idaho. You walk right out the door of Mignon's house and the hill is right there... just one of the perks of country living. It was the perfect hill and we (my parents, sisters, all the grand kids on the Perkins side and Mignon's family) had it to ourselves. The weather was nice, warm and sunny and we literally spent almost the entire day there, stopping only to eat a delicious lunch of homemade vegetable soup (thanks Mignon), rolls and hot cocoa. The highlight of the day was when my Mother accidentally ran into the back of my bro-in-laws super nice snowmobile while driving my sister, Becky's machine. Nobody was hurt and no damage was done, thank goodness, but while they were trying to unhook the sleds, my 3 yr. old niece, Robi Ann got impatient and jumped onto one of those old school long plastic sleds on her tummy and headed down the hill. (Keep in mind, this is a pretty good sized hill and that particular sled wasn't the safest for those conditions.) The sled started out really squirrely then started to straighten and pick up some pretty good speed without ever tipping over. We were all holding our breath and yelling to her to hang on tight. The entire way down she had her head buried in the sled and would just peak up every once in a while. When she arrived safely at the bottom, we were all laughing hysterically. I guess it's just one of those moments where you had to be there to fully appreciate it.

L to R: Robi Ann, Claire, Stella, and another niece, Riley.

Kristin and my Mother. My sister, Kristin looks pretty hard core eh? You HAVE to be this hard core when you are as accident prone as she is!


My Dad, the designated driver.

1 comment:

jordan said...

I'm so glad you posted! it's great to see what you've been up to. It think it's time to catch up... be expecting my call!