Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Our little ski bum

My Dad taught Claire how to ski this Winter. At Beaver mountain, children 5 and under get a free season pass with the purchase of an adult season pass (my Dad's), so we thought it would be the perfect time to have Claire learn how to ski. Claire has been skiing 5 times so far, and I am so proud of how fast she caught on and how well she is doing, but most importantly, how much fun she has doing it. I think my Dad is just the best teacher ever! He taught me, all of my siblings, and four of his grand kids older than Claire as well. I am glad he has the patience for this because I know that Claire would not have responded in the same way if Adam and I would have tried to teach her.

Here she is with Grandpa on her second ski day. Gotta love the too small, borrowed snowsuit she is sporting. (thanks Kristin) Thank you also to our friends, Jordan and Matt for letting us borrow Ryder's ski's and boots!


New snow pants, nice snowplow

Grandma Perkins, cousin Rhet, and Claire cruising down Gentle Ben this past weekend. I love how Rhet is holding his arms. He has wings!

Thanks to my Mom and Dad for skiing with Claire and Rhet most of the day while I went off on my own to ride in the powder.

See ya!!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Eek. Skiing brings back bad memories from 6th grade, my one and only attempt was tragic. Way to go Claire.
Jason and I were just talking about your blog comment. It seems like Nathan's looks have changed a lot more than Stella's. She still looks like the little girl we saw a year ago, but Nathan doesn't. I wonder why some kids change so much and some don't?
As for a summer get-together...I don't know...not sure about traveling while giant. :) Right now the thought of going anywhere seems horrible, even though I had hoped we could come see you guys in April. I haven't been able to get Jason to commit to anything.
And hey, Amy - you need to return my email. :)

The Conrad Family said...

Awesome snowplow Claire! I never could quite get the hang of skiing...guess I am more of a lodge girl! She sure looks big on the hill!

Ryan & Keri said...

I love all of your updates! Matthew learned how to ski last year--isn't it great! I never imagined my child would learn to ski at age 3! Way to go Claire! I think they don't have any fear, so naturally, they are way better than adults at everything they try. And I love all of your Christmas updates--particularly your shepards' meal on Christmas Eve. What a cool tradition! Hope things continue to go well for you and your family!

Heather said...

FINALLY! Love the ski bum pictures. What fun family traditions you have at Christmas. Traditions are what makes the holidays the BEST.