Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The big 3-0!

My birthday was on the 7th. I'm not gonna lie, I was not looking forward to this one, it was a little strange turning 30. I just feel like once you turn thirty, you are in a whole new category of life. You know, when you read fashion magazines and they separate styles by age: In your twenties, wear this. In your thirties, wear this, and so on? Well, you just can't get away with as much once you turn thirty. (And not just fashion, a lot of things.) Plus, ten more years and I'll be forty!! That just seems crazy to me. Oh well, enough of that!

I did have a fun birthday despite the number. I had some friends from work take me to lunch, and Adam surprised me with a BBQ party with Matt, Jordan, and their kids. It was great. Thanks everyone.

9 comments:

Jamie said...

Happy Birthday! 30 is not bad! My hubby is 32! Now, thats old:) HOpe you had a good day! Where are you working?

Keeping up with the Joneses said...

Your in the thirty-dirty club! Amy you look sooo young still, like your just starting to get carded. You will always be one of those girls who look like 10 years younger and you will make us all jealous when we are in our fourties. I love the whole fashion thing, I so know what you mean, I feel it even with just being a mom. I went through my closet and was like "Can I even still wear rinstone stuff, I'm a little passed that now right"?? Hope your birthday was the BEST! I just love ya!

Lindsey said...

Happy Birthday Amy! You're still one hot mama :)
My mother in law always says that her 30's were her best years. So we all have that to look forward too!

Danielle said...

I'm not looking forward to the big 3-0 either, but my mom says supposedly you finally know who you are at 30, so it's a good thing...we'll see if that has any meaning. At least you can say you look fabulous at 30. I will be 39 weeks pregnant. :)

Jessica said...

Good luck with 30! I was boo-hooing about turning 25 last year.

The Karrens said...

It was a little tough for me to wrap my head around 30, also, but it's not so bad. I just always like to think I'm not as old as Ted, so that helps! Hope you had a great day!
Robin

Heather said...

Love your posts. I feel like we haven't seen you much the last couple months. We need to hit the pool and plan some play dates for kids. Time is running out til I don't want to leave the house with my hugeness (is that even a word).

The Conrad Family said...

Happy Birthday lady!!! Just remember it could be worse...you could be as old as me!! At least you still look 20...that is something to be proud of!

AdAmy said...

Jamie, I work at the Sports Academy, in the Kids Club, one day per week for a free membership.