Friday, May 22, 2009

The Daines family visit

Our good friends, the Daines family, came to visit May 5-9. I always look forward to their long- awaited visits. We always have a grand ol' time while they are here and I always feel like I'm on vacation as well. They moved to Pasadena, California so Matt could attend Architecture school in L.A.. Matt & Jordan have always been so fun to hang out with because they are always game for anything, even if it is the spur of the moment. They are laid back, never flaky and I love that they are willing to put their kids to bed at our house temporarily, so we can stay up late to watch movies, chat or just enjoy one anothers' company. And when the party is over, they drag their wee ones out of bed and transfer them to Matt's parents home. Luckily their children are easily transferrable and allow this. :) We just keep hoping that by some miracle they will end up back in Logan, with a killer job for Matt........... we can keep wishing, right?

Claire and Ryder are just 3 1/2 mos. apart in age and play so well together, it's always good to see them reunited.

The kiddies

Stella and Lila are 2 wks. apart in age and are quite entertaining!
(see last two pictures below)

The mama's

The dada's

jumpin'

We were encouraging Lila and Stella to do that clench the fists, grit the teeth, and make grunting noises until you are blue in the face thing that kids this age do so well. Adam would say: Lila go....... Stella go, and they just kept taking turns. This carried on for quite some time, I was afraid they were going to burst every single blood vessel in their little eyeballs. It was pretty funny as you can see.

4 comments:

Keeping up with the Joneses said...

So fun to have close friends visits!! Especially when there kids are the same age as your kids. Speaking of visitors, You HAVE to call me girl when you come and see your hubby's fam. I would LOVE to see you!! #801-867-1462 those last two pics are a crack up. :) :)

Julie and Nate said...

Cute! I didn't even recognize Ryder til I saw Jordan's picture. He's so BIG. (I swam with Jordan in high school... small world.)

jordan said...

oh, how much fun we had!! I love the Lila/Stella pics. that was hilarious! (if i don't have those, I need them from you..)
so what if we don't make it back to Logan, you guys will have to come here!

Davis Family said...

I went to high school with Jordan!! So cool, how did you meet her? I do not know if she will remember me, but I remember her, she rocked on swim team.