Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Happy, happy birthday baby

Stella's official birthday was on the 16th. We celebrated on two different occasions. The first was at my sister's house for a combined party, with Stella's cousin, Robi Ann. This picture was taken right before Stella started to cry. She was a little intimidated by the singing and all eyes on her.
Sweet little Robi turned 3 on the 5th. Thank you to my sister, Kristin for making the fish cake for the occasion. We had this party right before we left for San Diego so it was nice to have someone take care of the details.

The second celebration was on Stella's actual birthday, after vacation. It was a low-key event with just our little family, and a batch of pink cupcakes (by Claire's request for Stella.)

Stella really enjoyed the happy birthday song the second time around and also enjoyed attacking her cupcake. She couldn't quite finish, feeling flavor overload. She must take after her father who rarely is able to finish a piece of cake.
I can't believe it has been a year since this little pumpkin joined our family. But at the same time, I wonder how we managed without her, she is such a part of us now that it's weird to think that just over a year ago, we hadn't met yet. She really is our little ray of sunshine that we just can't get enough of.

5 comments:

The Conrad Family said...

I can't believe how fast she has grown...honestly where does the time go! She is such a doll...just like the rest of the girls in the family! Hope you enjoyed her special day! Happy Birthday Stella!

jordan said...

I've been waiting for this post! Happy Birthday Stella!

I feel the same way about Lila. I can't imagine how life was without her.

Heather said...

We are glad you had a fun birthday Stella. The cake and cupcakes look yummy. I am glad to see you blogging Amy, I have been watching for an update. Girls night here we come.

Danielle said...

Awe, she is a sweetie. Can't wait to see Nathan dive into a cake. Two more months to go...
As I am commenting here, Nathan is taking all the paper out of the printer and ripping it to shreds with little squeals of glee. Perhaps I should stop web-surfing and do something about this...

Ryan & Keri said...

What a fun cake! And happy birthday again, Stella!