Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Big girl

Claire's first day of preschool

Her little support system

Claire started preschool on Friday the 5th. She absolutely loves it! It was bittersweet dropping her off at school. Sweet because she was so happy and excited. Bitter because she's officially a "big girl", and this is the beginning of her leaving me regularly for education, for the rest of her time living at home. At least it is only 2 hours, 3 days a week.
She was sooo ready for preschool. She started making a habit of saying: "Mom I'm so bored, what are we going to do that's fun today?" It is hard for a 4 year old to understand that we can't do fun and exciting things every minute of every day, mom's have to do regular household chores once in a while. Summer has sure spoiled her, especially with a new home, yard, and a lot more freedom.

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Oh my goodness! She is so grown up and that middle one is the cutest thing ever.

Danielle said...

I may need to call for a truce here pretty soon on all this political nonsense boys...it's getting boring. ;)
Adam, if you want a good read, you should check out the blog where Jason got that lovely cartoon - it's a friend of mine's fiance:
http://www.voxmia.com
Danielle

The Conrad Family said...

Oh I can't believe our kids are old enough for preschool. Where does the time go??? Claire looks so grown up...Stella too. Such cute girls. How's the new house? Can't wait to see some pictures!

jordan said...

she does look so big! I bet she loves it.
It's so great to see you back online. Make sure you post regularly, I look forward to it!

Ryan & Keri said...

This is so sad, and yet, she's so beautiful. You can't help but be so excited for her! Poor Stella, though. Is she doing okay without Big Sis? David gets sad sometimes when I drop Matthew off. But I guess now, he's used to being alone with me.